Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- You will be responsible of developing all the views needed for the projects run by the team.
- Decide on the user experience and how to implement it while following the guidelines of Souq.
- Develop highly-usable and compelling interfaces and code snippets that conform to accessibility standards as well as UI identity standards—utilizing a strong visual sensibility and well-organized, robust code with maintainability and portability in mind.
- Stay informed about current trends in web technologies and related areas such as user interface design, mobile-first, accessibility, responsive design, and other integration technologies, analytics, and mobile-device support.
- Maintaining technical documents such as designs documents, developer’s guides and coding standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Science, Web Development, or related field. A non-related field with demonstrated experience will also be considered.
- 2+ years experience creating interfaces, large scale production websites, emails, or applications.
- Demonstrated ability in delivering user requirements in clear user flow and stories in clear mockups.
- Demonstrated fluency in best practices for web-based and mobile information architecture, clean code-writing, responsive design, accessibility, usability, and other web coding standards.
- Ample experience building finished websites/templates/themes.
- Experience with front end technologies and frameworks.
- Solid understanding of modern browser capabilities and performance optimization (cross-device, cross-OS, cross-browser, and cross-email client testing and debugging).
- Rigorous attention to detail and keen problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at the same time; proven ability to identify and meet requirements and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment—in a professional and productive manner.
- Experience or willingness to learn agile methodologies such as sprints, frequent releases, code reviews and retrospectives.
- Experience Monitoring and optimizing client-side performance.
- Extensive experience with HTML5 and CSS 3.
- Extensive experience with Responsive Web Design.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Extensive experience with SEO and Cross-browser compatibility.
- A clear understanding of the semantic web, W3C standards and open web standards.
- Experience with Front-end frameworks like Foundation and Bootstrap is a plus.
- Experience with SCSS is a plus.
- Experience with client-side performance issues.
- Experience with PHP frameworks is a plus.
- Version control systems - Git a plus.
To be successful in this position, you must be passionate about building first-class user experiences that are polished, inviting and maintainable. You will thrive in a creative, small-team environment. You are smart, love learning on the fly and you do what is necessary to get the job done. – No egos please.