Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The quality assurance engineer shall define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments should work collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in process testing results.
1. Maintaining and ensuring the quality of deliverables.
2. Designing and supporting all testing activities.
3. Production of QC deliverables during projects
4. Execute all needed testing techniques & types.
5. Automated functional testing using planned automated testing tool.
6. Develop test tools, and extend test frameworks and test environments.
7. Improve the quality of developer output via training, automation, coaching and process changes.
8. Report defects accurately, assign to development team and review defects status.
9. Reporting and continuously monitor the quality of work performed.
10. Testing Souq native apps (IOS, Android,Windows phones and tablets)
11. Working closely with the product and development teams (both remote and local) to understand product requirements, architecture and technology.
12. Managing QA devices and environments.