Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Provide assistance in designing the system features.
- Develop all required functionalities as per team plan and meet deadlines.
- Ensure that all activities are being documented (in details) and well maintained.
- Support project management in project execution of cross functional activities.
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
- 4+ years of programming experience with progressive development responsibilities in Java.
- Real world experience with SQL data store for java applications, Java ORM tools like Hibernate/JPA. Production MySQL is a plus.
- Java ecosystem for daily development: Spring/Play framework, Apache *,Ant/Maven/Gradle, Tomcat/Jetty/TomEE, Jenkins.
- RESTful API specification and implementation
- Experience in web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, and XML).
- Agile development, daily scrum, taking ownership of both production issues and new features.
- Self-motivated, thrives working in a small team.
- Solid technical understanding and API documentation are essential for cross-team development.
- Bachelors Degree or Masters in Computer Science or related field.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent understanding of resource and design requirements for highly scalable systems
- Experience with the Linux operating system environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Good knowledge of system performance and operational readiness monitoring
- Good English written / verbal communication skills, bilingual Preferred.
- Design thinking Approach.
- Flexible approach.
- Focused and professional attitude.
- Strong problem detection abilities.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Focused and self-motivated.