Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Write well designed and efficient code.
- Follow best practices and design patterns.
- Review Code for other members in your team.
- Ability to prepare and push releases to production.
- Maintain development and Staging environments.
- Design and review any new architecture.
- Do high level estimate for big projects and detailed estimation for tasks.
- Develop and deploy new features and requirements from product owner.
- Troubleshoot and fix any type of issues.
- Write a documentation for team’s system.
- Make sure your system is highly available, scalable, fast and cost efficient.
- Maintain current system and the ability to work on any new technology and systems.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline.
- 5+ years development experience with PHP, Java or Python.
- 2+ years working with web frameworks (Spring Boot, Phalcon, Laravel …etc.)
- Very Good Knowledge in information retrieval, text analysis and ranking.
- Good knowledge of fulltext search engines (ElasticSearch, Solr or Sphinx).
- Very Good knowledge of relational and non relational databases.
- Very good knowledge of version control tools (Git or SVN).
- Familiar with a Linux.
- Working within a team environment.
- Familiar with agile methodologies.
- Good English written / verbal communication skills, bilingual Preferred.
- Energetic, flexible, focused and self-motivated
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in teams.