Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1.5 million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Review and do high level estimations for quarter roadmap.
- Sprint planning and project management activity.
- Develop a deep understanding of integration and dependencies with other systems and platforms within the company’ architecture landscape.
- Motivate team members and create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Set clear team goals.
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines.
- Oversee day-to-day operation.
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- Discover training needs and provide coaching.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Suggest and organize team building activities.
- Ability to hire talented people that fit within the team’s requirements.
- Design inspection and code review for every task.
- Design and review any new architecture.
- Ability to write very efficient and well designed code following best practices and design patterns.
- Ability to prepare and push releases to production.
- Maintain development and staging environments.
- Write a documentation for the systems.
- Make sure your system is highly available, scalable, fast and cost efficient.
- Maintain current system and the ability to work on any new technology and systems.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline.
- 7+ years development experience with PHP, Java or Python.
- 3+ years working as team leader and managing resources.
- 3+ years working with web frameworks (Spring Boot, Phalcon, Laravel …etc.)
- Very Good knowledge of relational and non relational databases.
- Very good knowledge of version control tools (Git or SVN).
- Familiar with a Linux.
- Experience on development teams using Agile methodologies is highly desired.
- Very Good English written / verbal communication skills, bilingual Preferred.
- Energetic, flexible, focused and self-motivated.