Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Understand products and services offered by Souq Services and be able to articulate its functions and benefits to external audiences.
- Hire, train and manage a team of sales and service representatives in designated area or city.
- Develop standard operating processes to scale the working of the organization.
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals we target for various Souq services using local knowledge.
- Identify valuable sellers and selection for Souq services.
- Lead the team to acquire retailers with valuable selection and establish long-term partnerships.
- Interface with internal teams to identify seller integration needs and deploy resources to lift these seller capabilities to work on Souq systems.
- Analyze data to help sellers become successful on Souq platform.
- This position is based out of Riyadh, KSA.
- More than 10+ years of experience in sales and leadership roles of large teams.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”. Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Experience working with SME retailers is an advantage.
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media would be an advantage
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in KSA with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desired.
- Experience in defining new processes is desirable.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is important along with awareness of local retail landscape.
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Has sound judgment and ability solve on the spot.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, perseverance and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- Makes good decisions when analysis of data is not sufficient to reach a conclusion.
- Simplifier but at the same time things big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box. Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems.