Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Devise, produce and execute rich media for use on Souq Marketplace seller self help portal and seller communication. Material will be available on web and social platforms, including but not limited to infographics, GIFs, cinemagraphs, animated ads and custom digital illustrations.
- Collaborate with Copywriters, Technical team , Commercial team and Operations in Design, Digital, Internal Communications and other areas
- Conceptualizing original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to souq seller self hep resources
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that brings his/her rock star design skills to the table and also revels in pushing the boundaries to deliver cutting edge and creative design to our customers.
- Experience with digital content formats (e.g. GIFs, Vines, cinemagraphs, Stop Motion, 3D, Hyperlapse video).
- Experience with web development (e.g. Flash and HTML5).
- Experience with brand visual identity development preferred.
- Must be able to interact and work well with all levels of staff.
- Online portfolio required with job application, including GIFs, infographics, social media campaign work and/or photography.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Extensive knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML coding
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Translates ideas into effective design – including print, digital, (some) web, identity, and more.
- Comfortable taking a design from brief to concept to polished deliverable
- Manage workflow (which includes multiple projects at one time) and productivity in accordance with product schedules, budgets, and creative goals.
- Ensure overall creativity and quality of our products
- Organization & planning – Must be able to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines. Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Proactive – Resourceful and shows initiative. Has the desire to continuously improve skills and experience and a drive to push new boundaries. Identifies what needs to be done and does it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Reliable – The entire team knows you will do what you commit to and what was asked of you.
- Tech-savvy with a strong command of digital (interactive, multi-media) as well as traditional graphic design
- Willingness and ability to work across mediums while performing under deadline pressure.
- Knowledge of working on WordPress is of advantage