Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 500,000 unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 2,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centres in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Manages operational finance functions and oversees accounting processes.
- Prepares annual budget that incorporate strategic business plans and monitors monthly financial performance against budget.
- Reviews and monitors monthly operational and capital expenditures to ensure that spending are aligned with management objectives and annual budgets for the entire region.
- Ensures compliance with group policies, local and regional regulations, and accounting/IFRS standards through maintenance and implementation of strong internal control systems and accounting processes.
- Evaluates and establishes operational and financial processes regularly to ensure weaknesses and gaps in processes are identified and resolved by designing and implementing effective control measures.
- Establishes financial reporting structures for new business segments and develops strong accounting controls to ensure an accurate financial reporting process.
- Manages monthly financial closing process and responsible for financial reporting for management.
- Provides insightful analysis and commentary on financial performance, KPIs and operational highlights.
- Coordinates and responsible for the completion of annual financial audit and interim review requirements while ensuring all issues are resolved within the audit timeline for Operations financial statements.
- Prepares quarterly operational reporting for board meetings and presentations.
- Manages and coordinates investors due diligence requirements with regards to Operations.
- Reviews major contracts and supplier agreements to ensure compliance with group policies, adequate market comparisons are performed and agreed terms are aligned with the group’s interests and objectives.
- Works in collaboration with Managing Director as a finance business partner providing support including, but not limited to, financial analysis and decision making, operational analysis and performance measurement & reporting, and business planning & forecasting.
- A professional accounting qualification e.g.: CIMA;ACCA;ACA;CPA Graduate of Bachelor Of Science major in Accounting.
- Strong academic record with a relevant degree.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years at senior
- Management level in finance, and thorough
- Practical understanding of management
- Knowledge of accounting principles and techniques
- Substantial firsthand experience of planning,
- Budgeting and forecasting
- The ability to manage and motivate a team.
- High degree of communication skills particularly attuned to working well with non financial professionals.
- Used to working in a pressurized, results driven and fast moving environment providing.
- Accurate and timely information to a high standard.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and use of a prominent accounting package.