Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 500,000 unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 2,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centres in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Responsible for retouching all categories for the brand in digital format at a high level of quality by assimilating the brand’s unique aesthetic and internal guidelines
- Enhance all still life (with occasional on-figure lifestyle) imagery by removing imperfections, compositing images, and color correcting as directed
- Strong photo composition.
- Ability to adapt to different aesthetics.
- Successfully manage all phases of assigned projects and activities.
- Partner with the photographers to avoid issues or bottlenecks in retouching, such as reshoots, revisions to live imagery, or unsatisfactory results to final images
- Collaborate to help refine the look and feel of the brand imagery and solidify those decisions through fully comprehensive style guides
- Adhere to and maintain digital naming conventions, file management and metadata, as well as quality assurance of all images before delivery of files
- Use judgment on levels of steps/complexity required to get desired critical image quality while building efficient workflows and processes
- Ability to actively participate fully in creative brainstorming sessions to develop new concepts.
- Develop creative solutions that meet established criteria
- Develop a deep understanding of the brand(s) look, feel & story
- Demonstrate consistent brand/visual elements across all channels, including web, print, email and social media
- Translate established designs into a range of formats and platform specific requirements
- Structure own work/organize and prioritize projects and tasks to meet deadlines
- Keep management appraised of project statuses
- Manage timing and deliverables for all image assets
- Be strategically-minded by executing a range of options for testing themes and positioning
- 3-5 years in a digital imaging, production artist, and or design position, preferably with an emphasis in the Fashion and Beauty industry.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Graphic Arts, Advertising Design, Photography or related field.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop CC, with emphasis on masking, compositing, smart objects, vector art, paths, custom brushes and patterns, layer modes/styles
- Professional Digital Product Photography experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of digital photography, lighting and camera operation, color and all vocabulary related to this field
- Strong knowledge in digital file specs and sizes
- Expert knowledge of file management, color workflows, and conversions
- Thorough attention to detail and follow through when working both independently and as part of a team
- A self-starter who can work autonomously, make sound independent decisions, while being able to efficiently manage time and multiple projects simultaneously
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits a range of style and technique
- Artistic sensibility and a strong eye for detail
- Adaptability to new tools and processes
- Highly comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and culture