Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and hands-on Database Testing Engineer.
This position is an exciting opportunity for the candidate with at least 2 years of ETL QA /Development experience role in a product development company. The position requires a deep understanding of DWH concepts and SQL Queries with testing background, ability to understand highly complex architectures and define effective test strategies in agile environment.
- Strong knowledge & exposure on DWH concepts and methodologies
- Hands on experience on ETL tools like Pentaho Data Integration, Informatica, Matillion etc
- Proficient in SQL writing
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases like Mysql, SQL, Redshift, Vertica etc
- Strong design concepts to implement end to end solutions
- Knowledge on AWS cloud based technologies is an additional advantage
- Innovator, learner and a developer by heart
- Customer Obsession
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline. Master degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of Database testing engineer experience.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Database Quality Engineer
- Problem Solver with good aptitude skills
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes.
- Knowledge of internet and e-business processes, disciplines and standards.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Must have solid technical skills.
- Core Competencies:
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication skills is a must.
- Good in English command (Written and spoken).
- Good to have knowledge on Tableau or any similar tool.