Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The Operations Manager is the leader of a station responsible for all aspects of operations, and team leadership of a direct and indirect workforce. The role is responsible managing a station to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long-term shareholder value.
The Operations Manager will lead a team of operations, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing.
- Manages day-to-day relationships with multiple Delivery Service Providers (DSPs) and monitors delivery metrics
- Managing and driving the manpower demand plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives and assist the business to achieve year on year improvements within its operating plan
- Manage a team within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment. Typically a team will consist of workforce from a variety of sources permanent/temporary and contract labour and the role holder must set the appropriate expectations with his team on managing the workforce in an appropriate, engaging and pro-active manner
- Develops talent - Create, lead, engage with and direct a workforce to drive enhanced performance through our people agenda. This will include at all levels of the business - safety of our people, employee engagement, performance leadership, talent & succession and training & development
- Implements change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better service Souq.com customers, reduce the cost to serve and improve contribution.
- Set/clarify requirements and expectations for operation manager & shift managers
- Working with key business partners such as Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, and Engineering to deliver the operating plan and to secure required support and resources for projects and initiatives
- To drive a customer-focused culture within the operations department by implementing and managing initiatives and tools that aim to achieve customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention through delivery of excellent service levels.
- To meet the targets on delivering on time and in perfect condition in order to achieve customer satisfaction through an efficient operations process at optimum cost. Exceed all performance targets.
- To effectively plan permanent and subcontract labour, facilities and equipment resources to meet and exceed internal and external service levels at all times, and to provide excellent service to customers.
- To ensure that the station meet and exceed the HSE regulations. Maintain excellent 5s and FSI audit results and manage with the self-audit process
- Developing and maintaining a strong culture of Health and Safety practices and initiatives including ensuring depot practices are compliant with legislation and policy through effective monitoring, auditing and reviewing of practices on site.
- Participate in cross-functional Process and Business Improvement projects within the operation and the broader Souq.com operations network.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level qualification
- Experienced in working as a manager in the transportation industry and possess expertise and a solid understanding of carrier operations.
- Able to demonstrate good business judgment with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results.
- An analytical thinker with project management skills, attention to detail, an ability to influence others, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong in oral and written communication skills with the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize.
- Able to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and manipulate data
- Proven in delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality.
- Entrepreneurial in mind, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
- Managing and driving production within specified area/s and process improvement through efficiency and change, therefore a strong bias for action is required.
- Analytical and excel trained with excellent communication skills.