Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Identify potential partnership opportunities by researching market / industry and keeping a close eye on key developments in the region.
- Drive market analysis and analyze data to determine market development strategies. Identify key partners, negotiate contracts and manage relationships on an ongoing basis to develop strong partner ecosystems.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around Souq.com’s Marketplace and services.
- Work closely with Category teams to identify category specific growth opportunities, presenting at Category monthly business reviews
- Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging professional network.
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the Souq.com
- Develop a cordial professional rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to partners.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Daily operational management of key partnerships.
- Work in close collaboration with Regional Business team to ensure alignment of broader goals.
- Compile and analyze performance metrics to assess placements effectiveness and to identify new opportunities.
- Manage a team to deliver results against a set of ambitious goals
- Proven ability to own complex, strategic partnerships with industry leading organizations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
- Experience in retail and/or a technology / eCommerce business preferred but not essential
- High level of academic achievement at degree level. MBA is beneficial but not necessary
- Ability to work effectively within fast paced, diverse cross functional teams
- Fluency in Arabic is a must.
- 8+ years of experience in sales, business development, or partner management within ecommerce or technology sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of winning/establishing strategic relationships with local distributors, customers/partners and/or brand owners.