Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key suppliers/partners: terms negotiations, product selection, inventory management, pricing optimization, content creation and new commercial opportunities to grow the business.
- Maintaining optimum inventory for top brands and key skus, timely execution of actions for slow-moving and aging stocks, managing inventory budget…
- Analyzing consignment inventory and sales and liaising with suppliers for replenishment and new stocks.
- Working with marketing team to maintain category pages and execute marketing and merchandizing plan (Home page banners, Deal of the day, Newsletters, Mobile app notifications…). Selecting items for promotions and marketing campaigns based on sales data and trends.
- Assisting Category Manager in collaborating with all functions including marketing, procurement, content and finance to help drive sales and margins.
- Maintaining and reporting on sales statistics to help identify opportunities for growth and solutions to problems. Identifying best-selling and slow moving products and analyzing how they can be used to capitalize on meeting and or exceeding sales target.
- Liaising with Marketplace account managers to grow the sellers’ business and increase the numbers of quality listings.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Professional experience in Fashion e-commerce and/or retail.
- Degree in Business and/or related fields.
- Ability to work effectively within fast paced, diverse cross functional teams.
- Negotiation Skills
- Planning and Organising
- Results Orientation
- Analytical Skills
- Self Motivated