Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
· Complete Ownership and accountability to drive the eyewear business at Souq.com with clear quarterly targets on sales and margins. Eyewear business includes sunglasses, contact lenses and optical frames in both genders men and woman (Kids to be added end of year).
Eyewear category has seen a growth of +40% YoY with Souq.com and targets for 2017 is to double selection and sales in this category, one of the top websites for customers to shop for shoes online need to be souq.com
· Buying/Ordering: Quality selection of sunglasses products according targets and brand performance. Co-ordinate with existing suppliers and ensure delivery of the products. This is in addition to acquiring new sellers (all seasons need to be covered to guarantee the proper supply of products each month)
· Maintain and report on sales statistics to help identify opportunities for growth and solutions to problems. Identify bestselling and slow moving products and analyze how they can be used to capitalize on meeting and or exceeding sales targets.
· Present a forecast report outlining the strategy and activities to be executed in order to meet targets to support the pipeline. Referring to the supplier database and past sales statistics to identify what products will be used for weekly online promotions in order to meet objectives.
· Negotiate special pricing for hot selling SKUs from the vendors and update marketing/DOD team and for event for promoting them.
· Actively engage with marketing team by providing key highlights on important selling points to improve the sales significantly and inputs to marketing team for creating new merchandising properties with great value proposition.
· Conduct weekly and monthly reviews with category Manager in other countries and regional team to track progress of the category.