Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Participate in the design phase and technical meetings related to new projects.
- Take ownership for specific long/short-term tasks and projects.
- Install, configure and integrate system/solution at site and remotely.
- Test system/solution to ensure proper implementation and confirm acceptance.
- Conduct and manage site survey and prepare Site Requirements Document.
- Prepare handbooks, operational manuals and internal documentation.
- Provide estimates for assigned tasks and ongoing status updates.
- Monitor networks, define weakness points, report them and fix them.
- Schedule maintenance.
- Work on L2 and L3 support Cases.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and send them to team members and clients after resolving cases.
- Classify reported cases and redirect to relevant personnel for proper action. Furthermore, follow up on cases to assure proper closure.
- Escalate non-resolved issues for proper action.
- Reproduce the reported case when applicable for better understanding of the exact issue.
- Promptly inform the client with case status and expected resolution time.
- Assist remote colleagues in troubleshooting and managing cases and projects.
- Proper usage of internal tools and portals to log cases and Knowledge Base posts.
- Collect enhancement requests, change requests and major recurring issues from clients and report to relevant personnel.
- Handle Hotline duty as per Systems team on-call policy.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or IT related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in implementation and technical support.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in Dynamic routing BGP/OSPF, Firewalls/UTMs, Network management systems and VPNs.
- CCNP R&S certification, CCNA ( Wireless or Security ) is a plus.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in Cisco Wireless system.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in Cisco products, other vendors are a plus.
- Experience in HW installation (and rack assembly as a plus).
- A good knowledge in Hyper converged Infrastructure and SDNs.
- Experience and/or good knowledge in GNU/Linux and Open source software is a plus.
- Experience in coding or scripting is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Client focused and result oriented.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Presentation skills.
- Experience in Project management.
- Analytic thinking and problem solving skills.