Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Act as a finance business partner for an assigned category.
- Manage the demand-side aspects of the business –
- Business intelligence – Identifying the key selection gaps with both offline and online competition.
- Pricing strategy and execution – ensuring we are competitive, profitable, and maintaining customer trust in pricing across the TOP SKUs/ categories; Competitor price monitoring on a regular basis.
- Analyze ‘out of stock’ situations and guide teams on –
- How to avoid them
- Weekly Forecast for both inbound and outbound
- Maximize margins (through pricing) in these situations.
- Maintaining all the daily/weekly and monthly level reports to the category stake holders which will help them to drive right decision
- Preparation of Price leadership dashboard; provide guidance to Category teams.
- Study the seller pricing with Account management teams (MP specific) and guide them on right pricing periodically. Feedback this to the supply teams.
Other aspects of demand –
- Merchandising analysis – help teams to take right decisions on merchandizing (thru conversion, pricing, marketing)
- Inventory control – highlight any issues related to inventory buying to Business Finance Manager and Category heads
- Highlight over buying, other risks,
- Aging of inventory, provisions
- Around 2-3 years of exposure in business analysis.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve issues
- Strong appetite for numbers and systems and attention to detail is critical.
- Technical skills in the following areas are required: Microsoft Excel (strong level), PowerPoint; ability to run reports in SQL, understanding of database
- Ability to deal with ambiguity must be self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communications and relationship building skills along with the ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management. (Analytics, Accounting, Operations, Business)
- Bachelor Degree /additionally MBA (Fin) / or equivalent.