Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Implementation of new projects to ensure a unique employee experience;
- Handle project phasing definition and deployment of planning management;
- Facilitate new way of working, learning policies and harmonization implementation;
- Establish roles & responsibilities for HR and business teams - Workforce planning, developing role specifications, reviewing manpower and affordability trends;
- Drive engagement with key project stakeholders through education sessions, ensuring adherence to project timeline across the business;
- Translate business needs into project capabilities, devising and implementing learning and development plans for various roles included in the project;
- Provide high levels of service delivery and operational excellence for all project activity, demonstrating continual improvement, reviewing and learning from business/stakeholder feedback;
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales;
- Deliver performance management, budgeting, workforce & succession planning, project and change management;
- Facilitate employee transition to tool-driven culture;
- Implementation of projects for cultural alignment, succession planning, capability building, training and analysis, gap identification, communication planning;
- Contribution on roll-out and customization of initiatives/ projects/ new processes with country and subsidiary HR teams
- BS degree in Human Resources, Human Relations or related field
- 4-5 years’ experience in Human Resources or HR projects
- Working within a team environment
- Good English written / verbal communication skills, bilingual Preferred
- Energetic, flexible, focused and self-motivated
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Excellent skills in negotiation.
- Ability to champion HR leadership and driving processes in the Department.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Analyses through problems to come up with solutions.
- Innovative & Pro-active.