The Senior Manager, Security & Loss Prevention – Middle East leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) protection within Souq.com’s fulfillment centers (FC) and related transportation network in the Middle East. The Senior Manager for the region will be based in Dubai covering Egypt, the KSA and the UAE. The Sr. Manager is a key member of the Souq.com Operations team. He/she oversees the related Security and Loss Prevention Managers for their territory and works with the Worldwide Operations Services leader responsible for global Security & LP who provides worldwide standards, physical security support, as well as standards, policy and procedural guidelines for Amazon. In addition he/she works with the FC and distribution operational teams and various cross functional teams throughout the organization (Human Resources, Finance, Retail, Transportation, Customer Service, Corporate Audit, Security Services-retail/CS/Corp, Physical Security Systems and design, related software teams, and other areas).
This Senior Manager’s ultimate success will be measured by how they assist with driving the development and implementation of a standardized, cost effective and efficient security and Loss Prevention programs for the assigned FC and transportation network. These will be measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access control and theft prevention effectiveness, and the protection of our FC employees and visitors as well as improvements to non-security department related productivity (such as employee retention, business continuity, product and equipment dependability, continuous flow for operations impacted by security systems, etc).
- Serve as the department’s liaison and security subject matter expert for senior management.
- In cooperation with the Worldwide Security team, effectively and efficiently enhance and standardize you’re the services, programs, policies, procedures and systems so that they align with desired objectives.
- Ensure data protected to IT security and related physical security standards including access control and system monitoring.
- Provide leadership, advice and support (software, equipment and other tools, reports and data) to your Security and Loss Prevention team.
- Lead team so that they effectively address and, report on security incidents including potential and actual WPV per policy and conduct testing of the WPV and incident response plans as required including use of the Amazon/Souq.com security and LP data base and incident reporting system.
Leads the implementation of Risk Assessment and Risk management processes and methodologies, on continuous basis and per need, in collaboration with business functions, of existing, evolving and anticipated threats; leads the S&LP Performance Measurement by setting targets, indicators and measures to ensure cost- effective and efficient S&LP operations.
- Ensures that all S&LP measures are planned and executed to meet all relevant regulatory, legal and labor requirements and obligations.
- Leads appropriate budgeting and allocations for cost effective security organization, systems and tools - ensure optimal usage of resources.
- Leads the development of cost effective solutions and processes aimed to continuously improve cost effectiveness while constantly improving security compliance.
- Develops relationships with country authorities, law enforcement and security and/or intelligence agencies, to support the company's needs and interests; develops relationships with private S&LP industry organizations and associations to support the company's needs and interests; develops relationships with S&LP organizations of customers, vendors, partners and stakeholder to ensure cross organizational coordination, cooperation and alignment of needs, requirements and shared interests.
- Enhance, track, and report on metrics
- The ideal candidate will be a successful manager overseeing multiple locations in a Military, Law Enforcement or S&LP-related profession, although applicants with other ranges of experience may apply.
- Results oriented leader that possesses strong influencing skill and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment, with demonstrated ability to develop and manage functional team and manage budget.
- Comfortable at being a hands-on supervisor that actively acquires familiarity with the teams strengths and service model so they can capitalize on the teams strengths and ensure it effectively uses established and leading edge technology, software, processes, critical information and data as well as the equipment and tools required for success in area of responsibility.
- Awareness of and ability to demonstrate experience in the implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective deployment and oversight of contract security guards, and transportation and supply chain loss mitigation techniques would be a plus
- Individual will need to work effectively in a culturally diverse work group.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Excellent skills utilizing Excel (pivot tables a plus), Word and Microsoft Project required.
- Familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, Access, etc is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required and Master in Business or related field is preferred. Academic degree or practitioners’ equivalent through experience and internationally accepted professional certification in S&LP management e.g. CPP/ASIS or similar.
- Willingness to do thirty to fifty percent travel (domestic), may involve in periodic international travel to support other team globally and participate in global peer reviews.
- Prior experience in Security Services and Asset Protection is required.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts a plus.
- Experience with warehouse, distribution center, transportation or supply-chain operations is a plus.
- Prior experience in internal audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, or other related field is a plus.
- CPP, PSP, TAPA training will be noted as a plus
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired, and Wicklander and Zulawski certification is a plus