Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Identify supply gaps by doing shelf-space benchmarking analysis and ensure that we have maximum supply online across assigned categories against competition online/offline / marketplace.
- Identify accurate supply gaps and present it. Prioritizing & agreeing on timelines and targets. Execute the plan to incubate suppliers, Brands and SKU’s.
- Number of unique SKU’s (Per month) , Number of Suppliers (Per month)Number of New Brands (Per month) . Maintain a tracker on merchandized items (weekly Plan vs. actual), Manage retail ids of souq.com by maximize listing of all unique inventories. , Week-on-week - growth in supply, Increase in price leadership, Increase in quantity / Gmv, fulfilment tracker, new suppliers.
- Provide inputs to sourcing team for sourcing deal items from Business Districts. If category managers are not having sources, they need to send deals for their respective categories.
- Receiving daily updates from sourcing team, identifying what items to merchandise (with reasons).Weekly Merchandising Plan.
- Activity wise / model wise Projection on targets - Deal of the Day, Newsletters, Home page, IM (Google / Facebook / yahoo.
- Streamlining the Fashion Category in the particular region assigned.
- P & L Management.
- Identify Top 200 SKUs, which contributes to maximum GMV based on selling history, offline trends, item views etc.
- Check the price leadership status on a weekly basis and do appropriate changes in the Retail pricing to ensure Price leadership in all the hot selling SKUs.
- Use portfolio approach on margins by having flexible margin structure on retail inventory to ensure price competitiveness and achieve gross margin targets.
- Minimum category margins will be assigned per category,
- Actual gross margin report will be circulated.
- Do detail analysis on daily/weekly basis for the assigned categories by category wise, channel wise, key product line wise performance and take appropriate actions to improve business performance.
- Develop the monthly sales plan and strategies for the assigned categories with the help of country manager and category head to achieve the given sales and goals.
- Submit the current month forecast plan by the 20th of every month
- Negotiate special pricing for hot selling SKUs from the vendors and update marketing/DOD team for promoting them.
- Actively engage with promotion team by providing key highlights on important selling points to improve the sales significantly.
- Provide inputs to marketing team for creating new merchandising properties with great value proposition.
- Regular updates on the Shared document
- Maintain the evening category NL sheet
- Deal forecast sheet (weekly updates)
- Arrive at an ideal category structure for the assigned category based on domain expertise and offline trends to enhance browsing as well as finding experience for buyers.
- Create new meta categories, based on size of the category
- Break / Split categories
- Seeking highly qualified candidates who are strategic thinkers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. MBA / BE qualified individuals.
- Experience from Online/ Retail.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Category Assigned, Team Experience of managing cross functional and multicultural teams.
- Candidates must be intelligent and self-motivated professionals.
- Deep understanding of and passion for E-Commerce required.
- Previous responsibility for strategic development, product management or product marketing, revenue targets and quotas is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of analytics.