Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 600,000 unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are looking for a highly analytical, curious, resourceful Business Intelligence Engineer to solve problems related delivery experience improvement, promise pad management, inventory placement, cost reduction and supply chain planning. You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders in Prime, Technology, Product management, Fulfillment Ops, FC and transportation to drive these projects.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) you will be responsible for the following:
- You will perform complex data mining and solve optimization problems to come up with solutions to improve our delivery promise accuracy, delivery speed, reduce ship costs, increase fulfillment rate and increase availability of fast track ASINs
- You will own end-to-end program management. You will not only develop insights but devise realistic plans and work with key stakeholders (software managers, product managers, retail business managers, sellers, transportation planners/managers, and warehouse managers) to execute them.
- Establish goals, plans, and related metrics; track progress; and manage through obstacles to achieve program objectives
- Implement data collection instrumentation to measure complex and often changing processes for our key programs
- Define the structure of our reporting mechanisms and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate and communicate organizationally on the progress against goals
- Drive insights to business objectives, team program work streams, and own providing guidance to management on a weekly/monthly basis on best paths forward
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with business owners to define key business questions and build data sets that answer those questions
- Experience with data visualization or dashboarding tools (Tableau)
- Expertise in data mining, data management, reporting, and SQL queries
- Demonstrated success in achieving aggressive short, medium, and long-term goals
- Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Business Analytics or Information Systems
- 3 to 5 years experience as a Business Analyst or Business Intelligence Engineer in a leading company handling large datasets
- Experience with advanced statistical methodologies and propensity models
- Experience and understanding of supply chain operations desired
- 2 years experience creating data models and/or business measurements from scratch
- 2 years experience owning a suite of business metrics end-to-end for a program or product team
- Experience implementing big data technologies such as Hadoop and MapReduce